There is so much to explore in the news lately. Over the next week or so, I’ll be breaking down each of these topics to discuss from a branding and crisis communication view-point. For publicists and marketing experts that write for the public, the news right now is like Christmas in July, except in November for us. The banquet table for “why did they do that” or “what were they thinking” has literally filled our lives.
Here’s a quick synopsis of what we’ll be discussing in the upcoming days with maybe a couple of pauses to allow a few other topics to appear.
- The unfolding investigation that is in the forefront of international news. Extramarital affairs, inappropriate emails and the women involved in this story is certainly buzz worthy. As the news continues to unfold in the General Petraeus and General Allen scancal, this crisis will be under a strong review.
- An inappropriate relationship between the creator of Elmo, Kevin Clash and a male accuser. Many disappointed fans and a hiatus from the show. What will this mean for the brand and its Christmas sales?
- What do the petitions to secede from the United States mean in the public eye to those in other countries or even to the youth? We’ll dive into this more as well.
- John Schnatter, the CEO of Papa John’s International, has stirred up the sauce with his statements over increasing pizza prices and firing employees. Be prepared as we slice up his statements.
Intrigued yet? Certainly we’ll have much to discuss on these topics in the upcoming days. Stay tuned and feel free to share your comments below on any of the topics. Your comments may be used for the upcoming posts.
Above Promotions is a full service publicity, marketing and promotions company, founded with the purpose to serve an array of clients that are looking to expand their presence in the marketplace. From a local to international market, Above Promotions Company can provide the exposure that goes above your expectations. Visit http://www.abovepromotions.com today.
Ebony T. Grimsley is the Creative Director and Owner of Above Promotions Company. She is also the recent author of “Because You’re Small: Effective Marketing Strategies for Immediate Implementation.” To find out more information on the book, please visit http://www.abovepromotions.com or purchase online at Amazon, Booktango and other online bookstores.
- Names Are Important (abovepromotions.wordpress.com)
- What Shoppers “Want” on Facebook May Be Great for Businesses (abovepromotions.wordpress.com)
- Poll Time: No More Political Ads (abovepromotions.wordpress.com)