Happy New Year! Although Above Promotions was on 1% over the past week and a half, a lot has run across my mind while viewing posts by business owners on social media sites. And although, I could simply recycle the Top 12 Tips for 2012 and simply change the year, there is really nothing new under the “marketing” sun right now.
With the arrival of each new year, many people and organizations launch their new strategies or campaigns for 2012. Many new hopes for reaching goals are formed, but although it is a New Year, are you looking to implement any new practices? Looking for something new to propel your business? As I said above, there isn’t really anything new. So with that said, I would have to ask you, is your business fully executing your marketing strategy? Are you working any proper branding practices? Can people find you on their mobile device?
It seems crazy to ask these questions, but this new year won’t bring about change if you continue to buck basic marketing practices (branded website, email address, etc.). So for the sake of getting everyone motivated for the new year and kicking off the first Above Promotions blog for the month, I want to encourage each of you to do the following.
- Take a moment to reflect on the basics in marketing. If there are any that you have skipped due to time or money, consider actually tackling those things this year.
- Review your products to make sure you’re hitting your demographics and satisfying current clients.
- Start planning your marketing efforts well in advance. Don’t forget, previous and prior planning prevent a poor performance.
- Grab your copy of the book, Because You’re Small. You’ll need it to either make sure you are charging the right amount for your products or services, a formula to calculate your Social Media Return on Investment or review a full marketing plan to use as a guide.
I know it would be nice if some new one cheap method was out to get you the leads and sales you have been craving, but that’s not the case.
Over the next few weeks, keep an eye out on the blog for more to be shared.
I have one last question to ask, anyone working the same marketing principles in new ways? (That one will make you think.)
Please share your thoughts below. They may be used for a future article.
Above Promotions is a full service publicity, marketing and promotions company, founded with the purpose to serve an array of clients that are looking to expand their presence in the marketplace. From a local to international market, Above Promotions Company can provide the exposure that goes above your expectations. Visit http://www.abovepromotions.com today.
Ebony T. Grimsley is the Creative Director and Owner of Above Promotions Company. She is also the recent author of “Because You’re Small: Effective Marketing Strategies for Immediate Implementation.” To find out more information on the book, please visit http://www.abovepromotions.com or purchase online at Amazon, Booktango and other online bookstores.
- Top 10 Social Media Posts for 2012 (abovepromotions.wordpress.com)
- Names Are Important (abovepromotions.wordpress.com)
- How Do You Handle Social Media During a National Crisis (abovepromotions.wordpress.com)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)