3 Topics with these 4 Tips = Winning at Social Media During the Super Bowl
Millions of people tune into the NFL’s Super Bowl every year. If you’re not having a party, then perhaps last week’s tips of 4 Ways to Take Your Super Bowl Party Digital may not help you for this weekend. However, this week’s tips will give you three topics to help you increase engagement and win at gaining new followers before, during or after the big game.
These three topics are:
- Food. Some people leave the home just for game day food they don’t normally partake in the rest of the year. So find a way to engage your fans in food commentary. If you’re in fashion, you can discuss which foods to avoid if you’re wearing light colors. If you’re an artist, you can talk about which foods look good to eat. There are many food angles all types of businesses can take advantage of on Super Bowl Sunday.
- The actual game. This one may be tough for those who are not football aficionados, but let’s just give thanks now for the sports broadcasters who do know what they are talking about. Now we don’t recommend you attempting to tackle big plays being reviewed, but the basics of some record being broken or how the weather affects the players, can easily be discussed.
- Commercials. Advertisements are just as big these days as the actual game. Bring up business’ ads that complement your services or products that air. If you’re an insurance agent, tie your posts to those ads. If you’re a music artist, discuss how catchy you find a jingle or your opinions on the half-time show.
There are so many ways you can get involved, but be careful of a few things:
- The speed in which you plan to keep up with replies to your posts. If you want to enjoy the game like the rest of the world, we recommend choosing to post before or after the event. Social media during events like this is only successful if you can be as real-time as the users chatting with you.
- Remember, Facebook and Instagram are not about filling your feed with several posts within a short time frame. You don’t want to lose current fans by trying to obtain new ones through racing to fill their screen.
- Twitter can help you if you’re looking to do a lot of chatting on Sunday. Plan ahead though with some of your tweets.
- No matter which you select, opt to not pre-schedule posts. It would not look good for you to post a congrats on a game that is still going on.
These tips should help you to come out on top no matter if the Broncos (or Seahawks) win.
Do you have any other tips to help other business owners for Super Bowl Sunday? Please feel free to comment below with other tips to consider. Your comments may be used for future articles.
Also, still not convinced on using these types of tools for your digital marketing campaign? Be sure to check out this free white paper download 3 Ways to Incorporate Strategic Public Relations and Digital Marketing Practices into the Trends and Predictions for 2014.
Above Promotions is a full service publicity, digital marketing and promotions company, founded with the purpose to serve an array of clients that are looking to expand their presence in the marketplace. From a local to international market, Above Promotions Company can provide the exposure that goes above your expectations. Visit http://www.abovepromotions.com today.
Ebony T. Grimsley is the Creative Director and Owner of Above Promotions Company. She is also the author of “Because You’re Small: Effective Marketing Strategies for Immediate Implementation” which is sold on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other stores and a contributor to various media outlets.