Kudos to you for surviving another year in business! While you are working hard to prepare your brand for the new year, there may be a few lingering questions you have on your mind. You may be wondering if the activities you are doing now or planning to do in the new year will really help your public relations and marketing plan. You may be afraid to ask yourself this question, but I will ask it of you on your behalf. Are you ready for increased sales and exposure in the new year? Are you creating a plan for success in 2014?
Ask yourself the following questions.
- Will you be incorporating digital marketing practices from 2013 in 2014?
- Have you planned for changes in your publicity and marketing materials?
- Are your tracking tools covering all marketing channels?
- Do you have strategic partnerships in place?
If you answered “yes” to all of the questions above, congratulations as you’re probably on the right track. If you answered any questions with a no, you should take the next couple of weeks and make sure you can turn any no’s into yes’. Gather with your team or connect with a professional agency. Either way you will need to make sure you have these areas covered in order to see growth this year.
Here are a few reasons why you need to pursue incorporating these topics into your public relations and marketing campaigns.
1. Consumers are on-the-go. The majority of their research takes place online and often when they are actively about to make a purchase.
2. The message and even the products and services from last year are some times no longer sufficient to grab the interest of your demographic. Stay fresh.
3. In order for you to know what works and your actual ROI on a factual basis instead of intuitive, you must be able to measure results of your efforts. This will provide the opportunity to make changes and decrease the amount of time it takes for a consumer to purchase from you.
4. Your brand can reach more consumers when partnering strategically with other industries. The right partnership can ensure increased sales and exposure.
It may be difficult, but you must honestly review your business and make sure you set your goals, strategy and analysis plan.
Again, it may be easier to help get you on the right path with an experienced agency by your side. Being non-biased is an art form for agencies. Plus, their knowledge can help reduce the length of time it takes to increase your bottom line over you tripping and attempting to learn what may work.
If you are unsure about the success of your business for 2014. It’s not too late to set your business up for success this new year.
What do you think? Do you feel ready? Are there any points above you still have questions on? Be sure to comment below. Your response may be used in future posts.
Above Promotions is a full service publicity, marketing and promotions company, founded with the purpose to serve an array of clients that are looking to expand their presence in the marketplace. From a local to international market, Above Promotions Company can provide the exposure that goes above your expectations. Visit http://www.abovepromotions.com today.
Ebony T. Grimsley is the Creative Director and Owner of Above Promotions Company. She is also the author of “Because You’re Small: Effective Marketing Strategies for Immediate Implementation.” To find out more information on the book, please visit http://www.abovepromotions.com or purchase online at Barnes & Noble, Booktango and other online bookstores.
- You Must Do This One Thing Before 2014 (abovepromotions.wordpress.com)
- The 7 Steps of the Inbound Marketing Campaign Process (business2community.com)
- The Digital Marketing Disconnect: The Vaccum Facing Business Leaders (business2community.com)