Potential and current customers get busy. They tend to gravitate to what stays in front of them. When you are an entrepreneur it is easy to become busy yourself, fail to stay organized and lose track of communicating with leads. As a professional marketer, I understand the importance of using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to stay organized with potential leads and customers. However, as an entrepreneur, I was losing track as well. I needed a tool that was more intuitive and simple to help grow our business than our previous one.
I utilize the Hubspot CRM to help convert leads to customers. Through the tool we are able to log new calls, send emails and keep up with reminders to follow up with leads. We are able to schedule future tasks as well to keep us in front of potential customers. Having one place to check for this information and work out f keeps us efficient.
- Create a free Hubspot CRM account via Hubspot.com. You can watch the two-minute video to become familiar with its primary benefits. I watched the video and then followed a couple of the other online tutorials. Hubspot’s CRM staff also is available after completing the registration process for those who need additional assistance.
- While it would be great to get potential clients to decide to invest in our services over an initial phone call, we know the majority of the time we will need to do additional follow-ups and provide information to the lead. So we established our existing sales pipeline rules so the system would execute certain reminders and tasks. For example, we are able to tell the system how soon we want to a follow-up email to be sent.
- When a lead call comes in to our Nextiva ($37.95 a month) phone line, myself or team member captures contact information and begins to build the lead as a contact within the Hubspot CRM.
- Besides building a contact in the system, we are able to place notes from questions to help qualify the potential client. By the end of the call we are able to label the lead as an opportunity, schedule tasks such as sending a proposal or send a follow-up email based on a template we were able to create in the CRM to forward to the lead in the future.
- Finally, we are able to qualify the lead as being valid or not valid by selecting a variety of descriptions under the New Lead option. Based on our selections, the lead follows a pipeline we established.
- We go into the system daily to determine what is needed. Email any leads directly from the system or make calls.
To learn the outcome of the steps above, please click here.
Have any other CRM suggestions, please comment below. They may be used for future articles.
Above Promotions is a digital marketing and public relations agency with B2C clients that promote brands in the food, fashion and family entertainment industries. We build and protect brands by creating and executing digital resources to sell products or build positive public sentiment. From a local to international market, Above Promotions Company can provide the exposure that goes above your expectations. Visithttp://www.abovepromotions.com today.
Ebony T. Grimsley-Vaz is the Creative Director and Owner of Above Promotions Company. She is also the author of “Because You’re Small: Effective Marketing Strategies for Immediate Implementation” which is sold on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and other stores and a contributor to various media outlets.